Rebel Reviews! Candy Yum-Yum




Candy Yum-Yum has literally been on my 'to- buy' list for about half a year already and I whenever I had some extra money for make-up, I ended up buying something else. But after the seasons changed and Spring turned into Summer, I knew that I needed a 'pop' in the lipstick department and Candy Yum-Yum is that lipstick.



MAC dubs Candy Yum-Yum "The lipstick dreams were made of". A fun fact about this lipstick is that there was a demand for it to become a permanent lipstick instead of it being just special edition. So if you want to purchase it today, tomorrow or a year from now, it will always be available (thank god)!


Click HERE if you want to purchase Candy Yum-Yum at $16 USD + tax

Here are some pictures of this fabulously neon lipstick (all at natural light and no filter whatsoever)



This is me wearing Candy Yum-Yum



Pros:
  • VERY pigmented
  • A flexible color  (meaning you can wear it at night and day)
  • Makes your face pop
  • Super Duper bright 
  • Good for any skin-tone
  • Did I mention it was bright?

Cons:
  • Price (if you don't want to spend a lot on a lipstick) [$16 USD + tax]
  • Matte makes lips very dry and flaky
    • I use a lip balm prior to putting on this lipstick

My Take on Candy Yum-Yum

I'm a believer of the idea that the is eye always is attracted to something bright and boy were my eyes attracted to this lipstick. The bright pink (some may say even neon) color of Candy Yum-Yum is sensational. It's perfect for any occasion. If you want to run errands in the morning or go out in the evening, this is your lipstick (especially if you're a bright color lover). I also noticed myself putting on less make-up on my face because the main focus is your lips, so whenever you don't feel like putting on make-up at all for a quick errand, just put on a couple swipes of this lipstick and no one will know what you're not wearing! The only con of this lipstick, in my opinion, is the fact that this really dries out my lips because of the matte formula. So if you do use this, make sure to keep a lip moisturizer around.

Rebel's Rating: A-







2 comments:

  1. I have a love-hate relationship with matte lipstick too because of these dry lips :/ But I've never tried the one from MAC, I heard all the good things about their products :D

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have the same relationship with matte listpicks too! And I honestly haven't tried any other matte lipsticks other than from MAC, but they do dry out your lips! I always have to have a lip-balm or chapstick handy when I'm wearing a matte lipstick. Thank you for reading (: xx

      Delete