Rebel Reviews! Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette



Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

“Create your perfect light with this palette featuring three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder, which utilize Photoluminescence Technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of complexion. Each of these high-tech, soft-focus finishing powders recreate an exquisitely flattering light source. The powders can be applied individually or layered to imbue skin with a multidimensional glow” - Hourglass Cosmetics  


I was immediately drawn to this palette when I stepped into Sephora about a year or so ago not even knowing the wonders that it promises. But after seeing the steep price on it, i’ve been delaying getting it with the usual thoughts of “is it worth it?”, “I could buy these products instead”  and all the regular thoughts one has when they’re in the position of buying something that is on the pricier side. So finally, a couple weeks ago I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase this product. The best way I could have bought this was to just go to the store, grab it and walk straight to the register without even looking at anything else (since I know that if I saw something else that tempted me, I probably wouldn’t have bought the palette). So with my new purchase in hand, I finally felt like I made the perfect decision.

I decided not to try it out that day, but actually when I was putting on fresh make-up. I won’t like but at first I was honestly disappointed because as I put Dim Light on as a setting powder, I did not notice a thing! So with my spirits down, I continued with my make-up routine (using Incandescent Light as a highlighter and Radiant Light as a bronzer/contour).



Back of Palette



Dim Light

Incandescent Light

Radiant Light

On Skin [Left to Right: Dim Light, Incandescent Light, Radiant Light]


Once I finished doing my make-up, I looked into the mirror and was stunned at the results! I couldn't resist taking a selfie to show how beautiful my skin looked (yes, it's filter free, can you believe it?!!)


After about using this palette for 2 weeks regularly I can absolutely say I would buy these powders again in the full size. My favorite out of the three is Dim Light. I use it everywhere on my face and this powder does exactly what it promises; “a neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion”. My least favorite of the three is surprisingly Incandescent Light (this powder literally made me want to buy this palette) but as I used it, its not as shimmery as  I want it to be and frankly there are better highlighters out there. I’m sort of in the middle when it comes to Radiant Light since it is super sun-kissed but I can’t really use it right now just because its winter, but I have a feeling it will be one of my favorites once summer comes along.

In short, this palette is on the expensive side it has quickly become a staple piece in my makeup routine. It truly does give skin an iridescent glow that mimics the effects of photoshop. Although Hourglass does want you to buy their makeup brush to use with this palette, I have been loving the Duo-Fiber Face brush from Real Techniques. It does a great job with the application of these powders. All in all, I am so happy that I bought this palette and truly it was worth every penny.





7 comments: