Best Of 2014



Wow! Can we first talk about how 2014 is almost over? Looking back at all the memories and amazing times over this past year is always such a joy and that made me think, ‘Why don’t I do the best-of-the-best products that I’ve purchased this past year?’ and with that, this post was born.

These 14 products of 2014 are, in my opinion, the best products I’ve purchased this year and having been incessantly using. Some of them are on the expensive side (and they are worth every penny) while others are drugstore products that work miracles!



The Face




Too Faced La Belle Carousel Blush [in Who's Your Poppy] + Bronzer [in Chocolate Soleil] 

Part of the Too Faced La Belle Carousel holiday set, this blush/bronzer duo has been on my face since I bought it back in October. The whole makeup set is divine and a total steal for the price. They are easily bendable and the colors flatter every skin tone.
*[This product was $49 + tax at Sephora but unfortunately, the set is no longer available. But Chocolate Soliel and Who's Your Poppy are available but sold separately, just click the links!]*


The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer



The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer is a cult favorite among the makeup bloggers and fanatics, so I knew I had to try it for myself! It's no surprise at all that it made this list. I got so many compliments while wearing it because it gives off such glow and dewy finish. But the best part of this product is how much is in it. I bought this illuminator around June and used it every day since and as you can tell I didn't even hit the pan yet! It is very pigmented so you don't need to use a lot. This really is the best illuminator I have come across and to top it off, it's not that expensive! 


Milani Baked Blush [in Luminoso]


This Milani baked blush is heaven. I first heard about it after watching one of my favorite youtube-ers Lauren Curtis and she was swearing by this blush. After seeing the summer-y peach tone it gave her, I knew I needed it in my collection. I’m so glad that I listened to her because I can’t get enough of this blush. This is by far my favorite drug-store blush. I actually stocked up and bought one more, just in case I couldn’t find it again! It’s inexpensive and super pigmented, so if you’re in need for a blush with those components, you won’t regret buying Milani’s Baked blush.


Maybelline FIT Me! Concealer [in 25 Medium]

This concealer was initially an impulse-buy since I really needed a concealer quick, so I just grabbed this and bought it. I am so happy I took this because it has quickly become my favorite! Not only does it match my complexion completely but it blends easily, stays on quite a while. I was very surprised at the quality of this product and just the longevity it provides. This was probably one of my best impulse-buys, and I will continue to buy this product again.


L'Oréal Tru Match Lumi Foundation [in N3]

This another product that I couldn't resist buying after Lauren Curtis had praised it up and down, saying that this was her favorite foundation at the moment, and I can understand why. This is probably the best drug-store foundation I have used EVER. Thats right, ever. First off, you don't need a lot of this product. It takes me about 2 pumps to cover my whole face. This foundation is great at concealing spots and at the same time it is so light and feels like nothing is on your face. This is probably my third bottle that I've bought since I started using this product back in March. Although, it's a little on the expensive side for for a drug store foundation, it is absolutely worth it. 


The Eyes


Too Faced Natural Eyes


Can I just say that I love Love LOVE this palette with all my heart. Since buying it around July, I have been using it pretty much every other day. My most used ones are Heaven, Nudie, Honey Pot and Push-Up, but I have used them all at least once. The thing that I absolutely love is that all these colors go together! I could use Cashmere Bunny and Push-Up together and it would look divine, the possibilities are endless! Can we also talk how fabulous the names of these eye-shadows are?! Thats what I love about Too Faced is the names of their products. This palette is a little on the pricier side, but the product is super bendable, has great colors which are all highly pigmented and they can be used for the day and the night. I use these eyeshadows waaay too much, so the money was definitely worth it! 


Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Mascara [in Black]



I was first introduced to this product when I had enough Sephora beauty points to get a little YSL gift that included a mirror and little samples of a lipstick, eye liner pencil and this mascara. From the first swipe, I fell in love. This is by far the best mascara I've ever used, high-end or low. I have gotten so many compliments wearing this mascara since it honestly looks like I'm wearing falsies when I'm not. This separates and lengthens the lashes and I have never seen it flake! This is my holy grail of mascaras and I don't think I can ever use another one again. Although it is expensive, I think it's totally worth the money. It lasts long and makes lashes look absolutely amazing. I recommend this to everyone and my beauty routine isn't the same without it. 

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner [in Black Ink]


This is my first high-end gel eyeliner that I’ve purchased because I was just sick and tired of the gel-eyeliner products that I’ve been previously using. Those have flaked and made those black imprints on my eyelids after long wear, so I just decided to bite the bullet and buy something that was high quality and would last the whole day. I am so glad that I bought this, the texture is creamy and smooth when I put it on with my eyeliner brush. It goes where I want it to go and it is very pigmented and black so I don’t have to fill it in much, like the other products that I’ve used. It is on the expensive side like I’ve mentioned before, but I think it’s worth it if you’re an eyeliner enthusiast like I am and use it every day. It does have a lot of product so it lasts a while. One of the components that I love about this product is that it stays on all day but is also very easy to take off and doesn’t make my eyes feel like there is a lot of product on it. They feel natural, like I have nothing on. This product is absolutely fantastic and I expected nothing else. 


Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush


Real Techniques has been a favorite brush brand of mine throughout this whole year so it was very hard to choose just one brush to gush about. But I figured the best way to choose a brush is to figure out which one changed the way I use makeup the most and it has to be this liner brush. I got this brush in a set but you can purchase it individually. The brush's bristles are high quality and partnered with the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner that I talked about above, it makes my eyeliner game look fantastic. Since it's a small brush, it makes my eyeliner precise and the gel easy to handle. But what amazed me the most about this brush is the price! 6 dollars for such a high quality brush is just astounding! It makes my jaw drop, I would honestly pay 20+ for this brush because I love it that much! It truly is fantastic.
[click to buy]



The Lips


MAC Cosmetics Lipstick [in Good Kisser]


MAC’s Good Kisser is part of the limited-edition A Novel Romance collection. Initially I wasn’t sure if I should even buy anything from this set but once I saw the cool fuchsia pink tone, I knew I was in. Once I got it in the post and put it on, I couldn’t take it off for months! It is perfect for summer time, which I think was when the collection was released, so I was ecstatic! I was going to buy another tube of this color but unfortunately, but not surprisingly, sold out! Now I have to limit how much I use of this color, but thanks to another blogger, Temptalia, she has a lot of dupes for this gorgeous shade.
[not sold, limited edition]

Lime Crime Velvetines [in Suedeberry]



This was my first experience with Lime Crime and I was happily surprised. I initially wanted a bright, almost neon, pinkish red for the summer and that is exactly what I got! The Velvetines collection is a liquid lipstick that turns matte like velvet. I was a little nervous because matte lipsticks usually leaves my lips chapped and cracked but I was elated when this did nothing of the sort. Also this lipstick smells so good and to top it off is super long lasting. I wore it for 6 hours straight and only re-applied once (and it was only a little bit). Within that time frame, I had a full meal and it did nothing to diminish its color. The only thing you might need with this product is a lip pencil to outline your lips and fill it in with this Velvetine. I absolutely love this product, especially for parties or an occasion where you don’t have the time to keep re-applying because you know when you put it on, it will stay there and not smudge or run! 

Lancôme Lip Lover [in 336 Orange Manege]



When I walked into Sephora sometime in August, I noticed this lipgloss right away! Maybe it was because this light orange was exactly what I needed for a cute summer lip, or maybe because the Lancôme counter was right in front of the doorway, but either way this tube made it in to my collection. First off, I am obsessed with the packaging. There is a little button that all you have to do is click and the lip brush pops up. I hate it when lip glosses open in my purse and all its contents come pouring out. That little button prevents all of that. Other than the packaging, I absolutely adore this color. I’m a little upset that this looks more red than orange on the picture, but I could do nothing about it. It truly is a light orange that flatters any skin tone. My other favorite factor of this lipgloss and the others from Lancôme is that it stains your lips and gives off a natural color. Its so pretty especially if you don’t feel like reapplying the lipgloss, your lips still have some color. 

MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil [in Whirl]


Another cult favorite from MAC, Whirl is a light brown shade that is perfect for about 80% of the lipsticks I own. You can use it for about any nude shade you own and its a perfect match with another MAC lipstick Velvet Teddy. If lined right, this could give the appearance of making your lips fuller. I love this shade because it looks so natural that 9 out of 10 people would say that you don’t even have any lip liner on. If I had to pick one lip liner to have in my collection forever, this one would be it. 


The Rest

MYNY DKNY Eau de Parfum [3.4 oz]



I fell in love with this scent ever since I got a free sample of it in Sephora. This fragrance is upbeat and fresh with Top Notes of Raspberry, Galbanum and Pink Pepper. Middle Notes of Egyptian Jasmine, Freesia and Orris. Base Notes of Patchouli Heart, Vanilla Absolute and Creamy Musks Ambergris. I love the packaging and how the top looks like the skyscrapers of New York. This truly is a perfect new fragrance for just about everyone.


Happy New Year Everyone
xoxo
Rebel In Pastels


1 comment: