Rebel Reviews! Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

I, like many people, have been searching for my holy grail of eye palettes. So I have been eyeing this Smashbox palette for quite some time, ever since I saw it in Sephora a month or so ago. I would've bought it right then and there if it hadn't been sold out (and for a good reason!). 




According to Smashbox:
 This palette was created for the artists at Smashbox studios. The artists wanted a universal palette that works on everyone's skin tone and eye shape and can be used by anyone. This palette has been in development for 9 years by the Smashbox team, who have looked at about 5,000 eyes (which they narrowed down to 6 main shapes).*

This palette comes with a little booklet with the different eye shapes and how to apply the eyeshadows on them, a double ended brush (with one end for shimmer and the other for matte) and a travel size mascara.

So this is the front and back of the box which it came in.







And the palette itself.




The palette is organized in two sections. The S meaning Shimmer and the M meaning Matte.


Here is a close up of the palette.






Pros:
  • Long lasting (especially if you use a primer)
  • Shimmer is subtle (if you like subtle shimmer)
  • Perfect for every day and every occasion
  • Colors are designed for everybody and every eye shape
  • Gives the perfect natural look
  • Can do many things with this palette (smokey eye, natural eye, etc)
  • Matte eyeshadow is very pigmented 
  • All eyeshadows apply very smooth

Cons:
  • Cost [$49+ tax] (especially if you don't want to pay a lot for 14 eyeshadows)
  • Shimmer is subtle (glitter isn't very pigmented and made me keep adding more and more)
  • Glitter does get everywhere

My Take on This Palette:

I personally am in love with this palette. It is perfect for my eye color (brown) [as it probably is for every other eye color out there] and I absolutely love all the colors. Even the darker ones on the right side of the palette, and I'm usually very picky about dark eyeshadow. The matte and the shimmer eyeshadows compliment each other extremely well and I can use these for any type of occasion. I personally love the subtlety of the shimmer although I had to be careful so that the shimmer wouldn't spread beyond my eyes. But its not something I couldn't handle. 

Overall, I think this this palette is more suited for people who like the more natural look. This palette is also perfect if anyone wants to transition from a day to night look. Although this eyeshadow palette is on the pricier side, I think it is worth the money for these 14 amazing eyeshadows that can create a number of looks for any occasion.

Rebel's Rating: A-

xoxo






*I paraphrased the description

0 comments:

Post a Comment