July 2014 Favorites




Hello hello!
I can't believe it took me this long to start writing this blog post about my July Favorites (I took this picture in the beginning of July too) and here I am, on July 18th, finally getting to write this!
Oh well, better late than never (haha!).

So everything in this post is something that I bought in July and have been using (and loving) this past month. In my Favorites list, I like to keep it simple and really show the best of the best of the products that I've bought lately. Okay, so lets get started!






July 2014 Favorites

1. Too Faced Chocolate Bar:
Okay, this is officially one of my favorite pallets that I now own. I probably use it every day. The colors are divine and pretty much perfect for any brown-eyed girl. Oh and did I mention that it smells like chocolate?! Yes, that's right, it does! The eyeshadows are easily blend able and apply really smooth. It comes with a variety of colors: brown, pinks, even a sparkly dark green! But all of them go with each other, so the possibilities are endless! It's on the pricey side, but if you have the money and are craving a new palette, this is what you need to buy. Sephora, 49.00 USD click to buy

2. Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer [in light]:
Not sure if you guys know this, but i'm a HUGE Pintrest-er and i'm pretty much always on the "Hair & Beauty" category. So once I saw a post on this concealer and it pretty much covered a tattoo perfectly (heavy-duty stuff ladies!), I knew I had to try it. It does everything and more! You need just a little bit (and I mean a little bit) and cover it on your flaws, and it works! The only woe for me was that I got it in light, but I should've got it in medium. Oh well! Also it comes with a Glamoflauge concealer pencil (which I'm in love with too). Walmart, 6.00 USD click to buy

3. Maybelline Great Lash Lots Of Lashes Mascara [in blackest black]:
The Great Lash mascara has been out since way before I was born and even my mother was using this brand, so I knew that I wanted to try it sooner or later. Sooner in this case. I'm a big fan of plastic bristles compared to the wire ones (which the Great Lash had for the longest time) so when I saw this updated version of Great Lash with the plastic bristle wand, I knew it was time to buy it. I used it for a couple weeks thus far and it's been amazing. I love the wand because its small and it can accentuate even the tiniest of lashes. The brush is just wonderful. But my only complaint about it is that the actual mascara was getting old. I bought it near the end of June and it's already getting old and making my lashes cake-y. I'm currently using a different mascara now. But with that said, I did enjoy it and for the price, I would definitely buy it again, I just know that I should always have a back-up mascara handy when this one gets old. Target, 4.49 USD click to buy


4. MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick [in Relentlessly Red]
I am such a huge fan of MAC Cosmetics lipsticks it's not even funny. What I was really looking forward to when I was buying this product is that I really wanted a red lipstick that I can wear during the day and it's not too dark. Unfortunately, I bought this online so all I had for references were pictures and reviews by other people. So when I did get it, I was a little disappointed because it was a lot darker than what I was anticipating, I just imagined it to be brighter, but it was blue-based. Retro Matte, like any matte lipsticks from MAC make your lips very dry so I always make sure to have some kind of lip-balm under the actual lipstick to keep my lips moisturized. But other than the fact that it wasn't the color I was expecting, it's still a very nice and long lasting lipstick. MAC Cosmetics, 16.00 USD click to buy

5. Maybelline Color Sensational Color Whisper Lipstick [in Some Like It Taupe]
Okay, this is literally my favorite drug-store lipstick EVER! It comes on very light and moisturizing while the color is has a brown hue to it. It resembles a Chanel lipgloss that I have which sadly got discontinued. It's very sheer which I personally love. I was so enamored with this lipstick that I bought another one! One for my make-up bag and another for my car. It's definitely my on-the-go lipstick and it fits to every occasion. I just don't know what else to say, it's a gorgeous shade with an amazing price tag to boot. Ulta, 3.69 click to buy

6. Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer
I was looking for a face primer for a while and I came across this via Pintrest (i'm telling you, i'm addicted to Pintrest!) and a lot of people were raving about this primer. So I tried it and I liked it, but I don't love it. I like the way it feels on my skin, but I don't think it really does anything for the way my make-up looks, but it does make it last a lot longer than it would without it. Would I buy this again? Probably not, but would I buy a primer from Hard Candy? Definitely. Walmart, 8.00 USD click to buy

Well lovies, that is my July 2014 Favorites and I hope you enjoyed reading it. xx



Oh, and here is a song that I've been listening to NONSTOP!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the smell of that Too Faced palette! I just tested it a couple of days ago when I visited Sephora (they just opened in Indonesia), I was surprised 'cause it really smells like chocolate :D:D Probably a must-have for those choco-lovers :P

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing, even today when I used it haha. I love love love this pallet and if you're thinking of buying it, I say GO! It's colors are wonderful and fits every occasion. You won't regret it :)
      Thanks for reading xx

      Delete